VITEEE 2019 preparation tips: VITEEE 2019 is scheduled to be held in the month of April 2019. We have a good amount of time to prepare and let no one tell you that preparation in the leftover time is not possible. Because we are here to ensure that you shine in your exam. For those of you who are wondering- to get into Vellore Institute of Technology, you will have to pass the VITEEE 2019. This article is to give you the expert tips and techniques on How To Prepare For VITEEE 2019. Preparing for any entrance exam takes pure intention, dedication and focused hard work.
Know your VITEEE exam:
Before we dive right into VITEEE 2019 preparation tips, let’s look at some of the easy facts about this exam so you start with enough knowledge about VITEEE exam:
- VITEEE exam, that is announced to happen in April 2019, is generally registered by about 3-4 lakh students every year. That’s practically the largest amount of registrations a private institution encounters. The exam gives admission to various engineering and architectural courses in VIT institutes that are situated in Amravati, Bhopal, Vellor, and Chennai.
- VITEEE exam is a single test that consists of 125 questions. The exam lasts for two and a half hours with 1 mark for each correct answer and no negative marking for wrong answers. That is a relief, isn’t it? Along with Physics, Chemistry and Maths, an additional subject that only VITEEE has is English. That’s where people can recover marks. The percentile is not subject based as opposed to JEE Mains. That means if you lack in one subject you have a scope of recovering in another.
- For VITEEE exam, there are about 128 exam centres all over India. The mode of exam is only online. Just like JEE Mains, VITEEE also needs candidates to not carry any electronic device. That means no calculators or phones or even watches. Candidates must carry their own valid ID proof along with their admit cards.
- VITEEE, as it is an institution level test only gives admission to Vellore Institute of technology across its centers located in Amravati, Chennai, Vellore, and Bhopal. There are several B. Tech and B. arch courses that one can apply to through this exam.
VITEEE 2019 preparation tips:
- Knowing about VITEEE: All your examinations are constructed to meet the needs of the institutions it caters to. Different institutions have different criteria for selecting students and hence conduct separate exams. So one of the biggest VITEEE 2019 preparation tips we can give you is that know and understand the pattern of the examination and types of questions is a must for your preparation.
- Begin with a set time-table: This is your holy grail in your VITEEE exam preparation. Your time-table is your pathway to achieving your goal. Make sure all your breaks, leisure, etc. is also accounted for in this schedule of yours. Your schedule could be subject-wise, or a mixture of many subjects slotted according to mixed difficulty levels. Consider the fact that human attention span on an average is between 40 mins to an hour, so any slot you mark should not exceed this without a break or you lose your focus. Try to absolutely stick to your schedule and never procrastinate. Keep social media, Netflix and other such distractions at bay. Remember, time is of the essence here. If you must incorporate it, maybe that’s the leisure slot you want to assign it to. The total syllabus requires diligent study and hence you must train yourself to study for a specific required number of hours every day apart from practicing extra questions. To habituate your mind with the different types of questions, you must have practiced more than enough such types before-hand.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses: Another one of your VITEEE exam preparation tips is strictly governed by self-analysis. Nobody knows your study requirements better than If you fail to find loopholes in your concepts or shy away from revisiting your mistakes, it is not going to do you any good. Knowing your weaknesses allows you to work on your weak concepts, so ask doubts and probe further into concepts.
- Practice: One cannot stress enough how practice is your only biggest key to turn your dream of getting into a great college into a reality. VITEEE exam preparation requires you understanding all the different variety of questions that could be thrown your way. You should have the answers at the tip of your fingers, such should be your practice. It shouldn’t even take you long to identify the methodology to solve a question. Say, for example, you need to apply a certain formula to your Physics numerical, you should have practiced so many of such a type that remembering the physics equation or formula happens intrinsically. It shouldn’t even take time. Practicing questions from different sources also gives you confidence for the actual exam.
- Solve plenty of previous year question papers: Remember to go through your previous years’ papers because what better way to gauze the exam pattern, difficulty level, etc. than to actually solve them. Collect previous VITEEE exam questions papers and start solving them. Always remember to go back to your answer keys to compare and definitely remember your learnings from it. Make a note of all the topics you are weak in and concentrate more on those topics. While we are at it, it is also important to adapt your body clock to the examination timings so that you can deliver your best in that duration. That’s one of the VITEEE 2019 preparation tips that can be overlooked. You’d relate to this: if you always study at night, that time your brain sort of acclimatizes itself to be in it’s the most alert state. If you sleep at a certain time, you usually would feel sleepy in that time too. The more you stick to the time restrictions, the better equipped will be to handle the examination pressure. This is because your body clock adjusts its state.
- Revision notes: Another one of the VITEEE 2019 preparation tips is the importance of revision. We cannot stress enough how important is a revision. Memory is a tricky thing and we don’t always have it as expected. Writing notes on the go not only re-installs the points in your mind, but it also makes a great handy place for revising formulae, deviations, equations, and important points. Some students stick the periodic table, important formulae on the wall. Make sure to glimpse over that every day. These could be mathematical formulae or important chemical reactions; basically, anything that is important and is expected to be remembered for the exam. In the last minute, you won’t really have time to go over the entire concepts but just these notes. Your VITEEE exam preparation tips comes full circle only when you do both short revisions and long revisions at the end of your preparation.