Everyone talks about social networking websites these days. In fact, many different professionals and students invest a lot of time in keeping contact with their real friends through the virtual world.
These websites are not only a source of entertainment for students but also a resourceful mean of contacting or getting in touch with other students and professionals.
Benefits of social networking websites for aspiring MBA students:
- All those who plan to pursue after their graduation, these social networking websites can be of great help to them. The students can get in touch with the alumni of a particular college and can get details from them.
- These websites are of great help to students who plan to study abroad. Students can get in touch with the faculty or the pass outs of that college. This way before going abroad, they are able to make friends. By making a few friends before leaving their home land, the new country and the new college, don’t look alien to the students.
- These websites are useful to those students as well who are going to a different city to pursue their studies. For instance, if a student is planning to go to Mumbai to pursue an MBA course, he / she can know about the hostel facilities or other accommodation facilities of that college from other students by connecting with them on a social networking website. It is a convenient for a student to know more about that college or institute.
- To get the real feedback of the college, interacting with the alumni of that particular college is the best option. They are the primary source of information about the college. If a student is confused between two colleges, he / she can connect with the alumni of those colleges who can help in deciding which college is the best choice. They can tell the student about the infrastructure, faculty, basic amenities, administrative services etc of the college.
- Social networking websites also help a student if he / she want to know more about things like from where to buy books, from where to get the best study material etc.
- As these websites have forums or groups of different colleges in India and abroad, a student can ask anything they want. There are many ex-students and faculty members available on these groups to answer all the queries of a student or to get any kind of confusion out of his / her head. These forums are a platform for all the aspiring students to help them make the best choice.
These social networking websites are not only beneficial to aspiring MBA students but also are a good platform for those who are planning to pursue other courses. A student can easily find out a lot of information from these websites. These days, every college has its community on these websites, where they mention all the important dates, upcoming events etc, which are very useful to a student. If they want to know when the entrance exam date is or when is the result date, they can simply log on to these websites for all such information.